Keep up with what is going at Folwell over the next few months by taking a look at the Folwell PTSA-At-A-Glance calendar.
Friday, September 20, 2013
We are wrapping up our second week of running club. It is exciting to see so many students out running/walking before school. We are averaging about 100 kids participating in running club each morning. Thank you, to the many volunteers/parents who help to keep kids safe and running club operating smoothly. With 100 kids every morning, extra parents/volunteers are always appreciated.
As we head into our 3rd week, registrations are slowing down and a review of running club expectations seems in order. If your child is participating in running club please review the following expectations with them.
1. Everyone is welcome at running club, we all help to make it a safe and welcoming activity
2. Check in with a volunteer to have your attendance recorded
3. Follow the designated route
4. Keep hands and feet to yourself
5. Do not run carrying anything: backpacks, sticks, food, toys, electronics etc.
6. Collect your backpack, jackets, water bottles etc. before heading into school
When the playground is too muddy we will run around the block across the street. Please check in at the corner of 15th Avenue and 7th Street. Always cross the street at this corner with an adult or crossing guard. Stay on the sidewalk while running and out of neighbors’ yards.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Sarah Lichty firstname.lastname@example.org