The PTSA invites each Folwell student to submit a piece of creative writing for Falcon Tales, our twenty first annual prose and poetry collection. The goal of this project is to showcase our students’ creative writing and to motivate students to write and to read. Each student and teacher will receive a bound copy of Falcon Tales at the end of the school year.
Each student may submit one piece of original writing with a limit of 300 words.
Students may choose their best creative writing work they have done in class this year, or they may write something entirely new. Writing submissions and signed submission forms are due Monday, April 13th.
Falcon Tales also provides students the opportunity to showcase their illustrative talents. Illustrations should be done during free time in your classroom or at home. If you are interested in submitting an illustration to Falcon Tales, please follow these guidelines:
· Illustrations must be done in black marker on white paper that is 8 ½” by 11”.
· Please erase all pencil marks!
· Please put your name, grade, and teacher’s name on the back of the illustration.
· Only one illustration per child is allowed, however the illustration can accompany a submitted written work.
· Illustrations should be turned in to your teacher by Monday, April 13th.
Questions? Contact Sue Schwartz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Falcon Tales, Committee Co-Chair.
Falcon Tales Submission Form