Below is a list of summer activities, camps and free stuff to do, put together by Folwell’s school social worker, Lindy Lange, 328-3243.
- · Summer SACC is offered at Franklin, Gage, and Sunset Terrace. 328-4040. https://www.rochesterce.org/childcare/sacc.
- · Rochester Community Education, http://rochesterce.org/enrichment/youth. Scholarships available. Scroll down and click on the girl with the baseball glove to access their summer catalog. They offer a wide variety of art, theater, sports, cooking, science, etc. programming for students. Much of it is 1-day, some of it is ongoing.
- · The Rochester YMCA offers a wide variety of summer day camps, sports, and other programming.
- https://www.ymcamn.org/child_care__preschool/summer_programs/rochester. Scholarships available.
- · Quarry Hill Nature Center, offers a variety of week-long day camps, https://qhnc.org/programs/summer-nature-camp.html. Scholarships available.
- · Rochester Art Center, http://rochesterartcenter.org/summer-camps/. Art-based day camps. Scholarships available.
- · Boys & Girls Club, https://www.bgclubroch.org/join.php. Summer programming available, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., June 17 through Aug. 23. $25 fee covers the entire summer.
- · Hal Martin All-comers Track meets, http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=1114&SectionID=2&SubSectionID=27&S=1. These are free running races open to kids of all ages. They take place select Tuesdays in the summer, at Soldiers Field.
- · The Rochester Public Library offers a variety of free programming for kids and families, https://rochesterpubliclibrary.librarymarket.com/events/upcoming.