Dear RPS Families,
We have a few updates on summer programming and access to the Edison Administration
SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION
All summer school services will be offered through Distance Learning (DL). School
administrators have been working with RPS families and students on registration for
summer school. School administrators will also work with students on their technology
High School Credit Recovery
Two sessions will be offered.
● Session 1 is June 15 - July 2
● Session 2 is July 7 - 24
General Summer School, English Learner (EL) and Extended School Year (ESY)
● July 6 - 24 are student contact days for ESY.
● July 7 - 24 are student contact days for general summer school and EL.
● Teachers will share school routines and schedules with students and parents prior
to the start of the program.
Summer in Community Education will be a blend of face-to-face and online programming,
aligned with MDE/MDH guidance for health and safety. To explore our Community
Education offerings, visit rochesterce.org
● Adult Enrichment – online and in-person classes; tours suspended pending
● Adult Literacy at Hawthorne – blend of online and in-person classes, GED
testing, program intake, and technology support
● Adults with Exceptional Abilities – limited summer opportunities
● Early Childhood – in-person preschool in small groups; no early childhood
screening allowed at this time
● Facility Rentals – no building rentals in the month of June; will determine
July/August before the end of June
● PreK/Youth Enrichment – online and in-person classes in small groups
● School-Age Child Care – in-person in small groups at Ben Franklin, Jefferson, and
Washington elementary schools. To register for SACC, visit www.rochester.ce.eleyo.com
Meal services from any child 18 and under will be offered weekdays beginning on June
● Drive/Walk-Up meal service 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM at four sites: Mayo and John Marshall
High Schools, Elton Hills and Riverside Elementary Schools
● Mobile meal service at several other community sites.
● Meal service times and locations will be posted on rochesterschools.org/COVID19
Beginning on June 1, the Edison Administrative Building will be open for staff and public visitors
weekdays from 8 AM - 4:45 PM and will be following social distancing guidelines.
Visitors are encouraged to make appointments before arriving at District offices. To do so,
please use one of the following phone numbers found below. Due to the volume of calls, you
may need to leave a message. We will do our best to return calls as soon as possible.
● Business Services & Payroll 328.4210
● Communications & Marketing 328.4500
● Community Education 328.4000 (at Northrop)
● Curriculum and Instruction 328.4301
● English Learners 328.4240
● Elementary and Secondary Education 328.4300
● Human Resources 328.4251
● Insurance Services 328.4280
● Registration and Records 328.4200
● Student Advancement 328.4275
● Student Nutrition Services 328.4218
● Student Services 328.4310
● Superintendent’s Office 328.4256
● Transportation 328.4260
Before entering our buildings, visitors will be required to “buzz” into a receptionist, where they
will be greeted and given further directions. Visitors should enter through Door #10.
Visitors are encouraged to wear a cloth or disposable mask while they are in our buildings
based on the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Signs will indicate
waiting areas outside of common spaces to ensure social distancing.
At this time, school building hours vary. Your school will be communicating a material pick-up
and drop-off plan before the end of the school year.
We will continue to communicate with our families throughout the coming weeks and months
with RPS updates. We miss all of our students very much. Please be safe.